I do children’s book consulting for independent bookstores.
- New bookstore? I can help with opening day lists and new store questions of all kinds.
- Not happy with your children’s section? I can help redesign it and work on your frontlist and backlist inventory.
- Need a buyer? I’m an independent buyer- I work with reps over the phone and through Edelweiss to buy for your store.
- Beyond Goodnight Moon: How to Choose Great Picture Books. Designed for schools, daycares, teachers and parents.
- Jewish Children’s Books: Where do we go from here? Designed for librarians, authors, professionals in the Jewish community
- The Caldecott Medal: Behind the Scenes. Designed for all ages.
- Have a children’s book topic you want discussed? Drop me a line and I can customize a presentation for you.
- Introduction to Picture Books
- Introduction to Broadway Musicals
- Storytime training
- Mock Award groups
Why Dream On Books?
I’ve been told so many times in my life to “dream on, you can’t do this” or “dream on, that will never work.” So, I thought, why not? I can dream on to better things and dream on to wonderful accomplishments. Also I love the idea of dreaming on children’s books and finding the magical places they can take you.
susanhkusel at gmail dot com